Here is a list of players who have had hot starts to the season and are worth a pick-up in mixed leagues while they're producing. If they go cold, feel free to drop them.
- The Met's backstop is off to a great start in 2015, going 5/11 with 4 RBI so far. He is a sleeper and has the ability to hold value throughout the year. He is only owned in 44% of Yahoo Leagues.
- Lind is off to a great start with his new ball club. He is hitting in the heart of a great order, in a great park. So far, he has responded by going 6/10 with a HR and 3 walks. He can be a very useful utility guy in mixed leagues and is only owned in 43% of leagues.
- Miller is very intriguing because he was a top prospect that hasn't quite panned out. He has eligibility at 2B and SS. He will have the lion's share of at bats as Seattle's shortstop in 2015. He is off to a great start so far by going 4/10 with a HR and 2 runs scored. If he continues to hit at the end of the lineup, his value will be limited. Owned in only 18% of Yahoo Leagues.
- Iglesias is finally back on the field. He is not known for his hitting as much as is defense, but he is doing both very well to start the year. He won't bring you much in the way of power, but when he gets on, he has the speed to steal a base. He 6/11 with 2 stolen bases and 3 runs scored so far. He will be a little easier to find on the waiver wire because he is only owned in 27% of leagues.
- I had to do it. He is only owned in 60% of leagues, so he may be on the wire still. A-rod hit a bomb yesterday and looks good at the plate. He has trouble with fastballs in, but he still has the power to produce 20+ HR and 80+ RBI for the Yankees. More importantly, he is taking walks and DHing. Health is key here, but we like Rodriguez at 3B/DH and possibly 1B.
- The young speedster is putting it all together early for Detroit. I compare him to Brett Gardner for the Yankees. He is 6/11, 3RBI, 1 stolen base, and 4 runs scored. He can fill the stat categories if he can sit atop of the Tiger's lineup. We are grabbing him in all leagues. Gose is only owned in 11% of leagues.
- The Baltimore outfielder has settled into his new home and responded by going 4/9 with 3RBI, 3 walks, and 1 run scored. He hits very well and is getting full-time at bats currently. He could eventually work into a platoon, but keep rolling with him while he is hot. He was also considered a top prospect a few years back. Only owned in 11% of Yahoo Leagues.
- If he wasn't drafted in your leagues, you missed out on his 6-inning no-hitter yesterday. He had 11-strikeouts and 5-walks in his 6-innings. He couldn't complete the no-hitter because he ran his pitch count up over 100 early in the 6
. He showed great control in Spring Training, so we are very excited about Bauer in 2015. Take a flier on him! He is only owned in 48% of leagues.
- The new addition shined bright in his debut for the Tigers. He spun 8-innings of shutout ball while racking up 5-strikeouts, and only walking one batter. The former Yankee has the ability to post some great strikeout numbers and wins pitching for Detroit. He is owned in only 16% of Yahoo Leagues.
- Castro is taking over as closer for the Blue Jays while Cecil builds strength in his shoulder. He has a chance to run with the job, though. He has an electric arsenal and is worth an add in all formats. Owned in 25% of leagues.
- With Nathan going to the DL, Soria takes over as closer for the Tigers. He has experience in the 9
, closing for the Royals in past. He can be an elite #1 closer for the Tigers, and he can hold onto the job for the remainder of the year. Grab in all leagues. He is owned in 57% if leagues currently.