Victim of deadly fire caused by careless cigarette smoking ID'd - Cleveland 19 News Cleveland, OH

Victim of deadly fire caused by careless cigarette smoking ID'd

Elderly woman dies in early morning apartment fire. (Source: WOIO) Elderly woman dies in early morning apartment fire. (Source: WOIO)
Woman killed in apartment fire. (Source: WOIO) Woman killed in apartment fire. (Source: WOIO)
CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) -

The woman who died in a fire Monday morning caused by failing to put out a cigarette has been identified as Mary L. Williams.

Crews were called to the Shaker North Apartments complex at 12701 Shaker Boulevard just before 6 a.m.

Officials say Williams, 80, was the only casualty, no one else was injured. She lived on the third floor.

Firefighters found a cigarette on her couch.

There were smoke detectors in the building and the building was evacuated for about two hours.

Copyright 2015 WOIO. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly