CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) - Bobby Hernandez waived his right to a preliminary hearing Thursday.
The 53-year-old Alabama dad is accused of kidnapping his son as a toddler.
His lawyer says the case is now in the hands of a Grand Jury and there will likely be an indictment soon.
Hernandez was arrested in Cleveland last week by FBI special agents and CPD. He is charged with tampering with records in Ohio to get a driver's license in 2012.
Police say 13 years ago Hernandez took his son, Julian Hernandez, from his mother's Alabama home. Both were found living under assumed names on Cleveland's west side. Julian didn't know he had been kidnapped until a school counselor, who was helping him fill out college applications, told him that his Social Security number was listed as missing by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.
Julian, 18, is now a senior in high school.
Earlier this week, for the first time since Julian was located, his mother released a statement through her attorney. She says 'She loves and misses her son Julian and wants the very best for him. She looks forward to the day when they can be reunited.'
Hernandez remains locked up on a $250,000 bond. Once extradited, he'll face additional charges in Alabama.