CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) - Expect delays at the post office today. Monday December 14th is the busiest shipping day of the year.
It's a record year for shipping carriers. Business is up ten percent compared to last year.
The U.S. Post Office expects to ship 15.5 billion letters and flat packages and another 600 million packages during this holiday season.
Here's advice from the UPS Shop for your holiday packages:
- Take batteries out of items before shipping
- Use new boxes, not old or gift boxes to ship
- Do not wrap packages
- Make sure sender and recipients addresses are visible on the inside and outside of package
- Use packing tape on all seams
If you're a procrastinator, here are some shipping deadlines to keep in mind. If you need your package to arrive by Christmas, December 25:
- December 15, cut-off date for standard delivery services
- December 19, cut-off date for three-day shipping
- December 22 & 23, cut-off date for two-day or next day shipping
- December 25, same day shipping offered by FedEx only
Download the Cleveland 19 News app.