Lake Metroparks has several winter events and activities happening in Kirtland.
Winter Blast Weekends
When: January 23 & 24, 30 & 31, February 6 & 7 and 13 & 14 • 9 am to 5 pm
Where: Lake Metroparks Farmpark
Experience how active life on the farm can be during the winter months. Encounter farm animals, participate in hands-on farming activities and make traditional farm crafts at Lake Metroparks Farmpark.
• Watch the baby lambs at play
• Hand milk a cow and explore cheese making in the dairy
• Drive and groom a horse
• Make ice cream and taste the results
• Make a candle and other various crafts
• Explore wool processing activities
• Discover how to harvest solar and wind power
• Learn about plant life (24x life size!) as you explore The Great Tomato Works
• Tour Quilts 2016, featuring more than 200 quilted works (Show opens February 12)
• Kids can strap on a pair of snowshoes and walk over the snow-covered farm.
Lake Metroparks Farmpark is located at 8800 Euclid Chardon Rd in Kirtland. Directions: Take I-90 to the Rt. 306 exit. Head south on Route 306 five miles to Euclid Chardon Road (Route 6), turn left on Route 6, and head east one mile. Entrance is on the right.
Winter Art Show: "Burroughs Nature Club (100th Year Celebration)"
When: January 23 through February 28 • 9 am to 5 pm
Where: Penitentiary Glen Reservation
Celebrating 100 years through vintage photographs, memorabilia and more.
Burroughs Nature Club is one of the oldest nature clubs in the U.S., founded in Willoughby in 1916 by some of Cleveland's leading scientists, scholars, naturalists and photographers of the era. Meet current members of the club and enjoy light refreshments at the free opening reception on Saturday,
Penitentiary Glen Reservation is located at 8668 Kirtland-Chardon Rd in Kirtland. Take I-90 to Rt. 306 south for about one mile. Turn left onto Rt. 615. Turn right (east) onto Kirtland-Chardon Road and continue for two miles. Penitentiary Glen Reservation is located on the right (south) side of the road.
-Winter Adventure Alternatives
Chapin Forest Pine Lodge Ski Center
10381 Hobart Road
Kirtland, OH 44094
Take I-90 to Rt. 306 south. Go four miles and turn right (west) onto Chardon Road (Rt. 6). Go one mile and turn right (north) onto Hobart Road. Go ½ mile to the park entrance located on the right (east).
Download the Cleveland 19 News app.