MOGADORE, OH (WOIO) - A school in Mogadore will be closed due to a number of stomach-related illnesses going around.
According to a letter posted on the school's website, a number of high school students have been absent this week because of a gastrointestinal illness.
The other three buildings are not having the same issue at this time.
As a result, there will be no school for the high school on Wednesday, Feb. 3. Classes will resume on Thursday, Feb. 4. All other buildings in the district will remain in session. High school staff will report as scheduled.
The high school will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected.
Below are some tips from the Center of Disease Control for prevention of the stomach flu:
- Wash hands by scrubbing well with soap and water often during the day, before eating, and after using the restroom.
- Keep surfaces clean with a bleach product.
- Do not prepare food for others if you are ill.
- Remove and wash clothes or linens that are contaminated with vomit or stool with detergent and tumble dry.
- For more information, visit www.cdc.gov.
Download the Cleveland 19 News app.