CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) - Johnny Manziel will not be charged in the January 30th incident involving the Cleveland Browns QB and his ex girlfriend.
Dallas police released a statement saying they've completed their investigation and the case is closed.
Dallas Police Statement:
The Dallas Police Department has conducted the appropriate investigative follow-up to the report forwarded to us by the Ft. Worth Police Department regarding an alleged incident involving Johnny Manziel. Investigative efforts to date have not resulted in the filing of a criminal complaint and the incident is determined to be closed. No further statement is expected at this time.
In a police report obtained Thursday by Cleveland 19, Johnny's ex, Colleen Crowley told Fort Worth police he struck her several times at the Zaza Hotel in Dallas during a dispute on Saturday, January 30.
The report also states that Johnathan hit Colleen while driving her vehicle back to Fort Worth, but again was somewhat vague on the details of the assault.
Crowley also said Johnny was not drunk, but that he was "on some kind of drugs."
The incident allegedly happened after a night out on the town with friends.
As far as the Cleveland Browns they said, "We are aware of the report and have nothing to add to our previous statement at this time."
Earlier this week the Cleveland Browns VP of Operations had this to say about Johnny's recent behavior. "We've been clear about expectations for our players on and off the field," said Browns executive vice president of football operations, Sashi Brown in a statement on Tuesday. The waiver period in the NFL beings on Monday, February 8th.
Cleveland 19 has reached out to his agent and we are still waiting for a response.