A travel ban is in effect on the Ohio Turnpike until 6 p.m. Thursday from the Indiana border to Exit 59 near Toledo due to expected heavy snowfall and high winds.
The Ohio Turnpike remains open to most traffic. Only certain types of vehicles are restricted.
When a travel ban is in effect, the following types of vehicles are banned from traveling the Ohio Turnpike:
· All triple-trailer combination commercial vehicles
· Box-type double-trailer combination commercial vehicles in excess of ninety (90) feet in length
· Mobile home/Office trailers
· Boat and horse trailers towed by passenger vehicles or pickup trucks
· High-profile campers and enclosed trailers, which are defined as trailers designed for a person of average height to stand in
The ban could be extended or reduced if conditions warrant.
Download the Cleveland 19 News app.