CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) - Youngstown Mayor John McNally and former Mahoning County Auditor Michael V Sciortino plead guilty to several counts in public corruption case involving the relocation of the Mahoning County Job and Family Services Department.
Cuyahoga County Prosecutor Timothy J. McGinty and Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine made the announcement on Friday.
McNally plead guilty to the following charges:
- Two counts of falsification, each is a misdemeanor of the first degree
- One count of attempted unlawful use of a telecommunications device, a misdemeanor of the first degree
- One count of attempted unlawful influence of a public official, a misdemeanor of the second degree
Sciortino plead guilty to the following charges:
- One count of unlawful interest in a public contract, a felony of the fourth degree
- One count of falsification, a misdemeanor of the first degree
- One count of receiving or soliciting improper compensation, a misdemeanor of the first degree
A sentencing has been scheduled for Monday, March 28, 2016.
Download the Cleveland 19 News app.