Nimishillen Township, OH (WOIO) - Around 9 a.m. on Sunday, May 1, the Nimishillen Township Fire Department responded to Biery Cheese on Paris Ave., in Louisville for the presence of fumes.
When crews arrived, employees were told to evacuate, 12 of which were transported to a nearby hospital after complaining of feeling ill.
A HAZMAT team was called in to assist as a safety precaution but nothing hazardous was found.
After the "all clear" was issued employees reoccupied the building.
Fire officials state that a cleaning solution mixed with hot water caused vapors to spread throughout the facility.
Download the Cleveland 19 News app.