CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) - The Cleveland Cavaliers take on the Toronto Raptors in Canada Friday night. This is Game 6 of the Eastern Conference Finals. The Cavs lead the best of 7 series, 3-2. LeBron James and the Cavs look to win Friday night's game and punch their ticket to the NBA Finals.
Cleveland 19 News sports reporter, Mark Schwab has 5 things to watch out for Friday night's game.
1. I'm going to start with their start. Ideally it'll be a fast one, at the very least do not make it a slow one. They spent way too much time playing from way too many points behind in Toronto earlier in the series.
2. Keep up the blitz. They "blitzed" and pressed the Raptor backcourt in Game 5 and it resulted in more pressure on Lowry and DeRozan. Neither of those guys had huge nights after they did great things in Toronto.
3. Show us the Love. Kevin Love needs to be involved early. I swear this seems to be a key for me every game, because it feels like every time he is not involved early he ends up MIA. Don't have Kevin Love go MIA.
4. I want to see Tristan Thompson have a "wow" game in his home country. He did average 7.5 rebounds a game in the two games there, not awful, but not great. Combine that with zero points in Game 3 and only two in Game 4 and just was not very effective.
5. Get chatty. Kyrie Irving said their communication needs to be better than what it was in those first two games in "The North." Crowd noise is part of it, but that can be overcome.
Download the Cleveland 19 News app.