WESTLAKE, OH (WOIO) - The source of a gas leak at a Westlake apartment complex has been determined to be caused by a failure of a radon type system.
Barrington Place Apartment complex at Weymouth Circle was evacuated Wednesday around 5 a.m. for a gas leak, said an official with the Westlake Fire Department.
The radon system was previously approved and installed in 2010 by the fire department. This took place under prior ownership and management of the apartment building.
There are about 30 residents who live at the complex. The building owner has made arrangements for hotels for the displaced residents and hopes to have the residents moved back in by Tuesday.
Download the Cleveland 19 News app.