CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) - Kielbasa, pierogi, po-boys and Great Lakes Beer. Yup -- the Republican National Convention Freedom Plaza in Cleveland was planned right.
The Freedom Plaza is centered between Quicken Loans Arena and Progressive Field. It's an open-air gathering space for the convention.
Food from all over the United States will be featured, but the best offerings (food, wine and beer) will be from right here in Northeast Ohio.
- Del's Catering - All-American Cheeseburger, Cleveland Polish Boy, Applewood Smoked Pulled Pork or Chicken Sliders, and Macaroni and Cheese
- Southern Food Tent (Marigold Catering) - Grits'n'more, Chicken and Sausage Gumbo, Red Beans and Braised Okra
- Midwest Food Tent (Marigold Catering) - Pierogis, Crispy Cheddar and Bacon Frizzled Onions, Kielbasa with Sweet Peppers and Caramelized Onions, Sour Cream, Pickled Onions and Wild Mushrooms
- East Meets West Food Tent (Marigold Catering) - Braised Beef Brisket or Pulled Pork Tacos with Red Cabbage Slaw and Pickled Red Onions, New England Lobster Roll, Lobster and Shrimp Salad
- Wines from Dark Horse winery and Covey Run winery
- Beers from Brooklyn Brewery, Great Lakes Brewing Company, Thirsty Dog Brewing Company, and Market Garden Brewery
The plaza is open to convention-goers:
- Monday: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. & 11 p.m. to 1 a.m.
- Tuesday: 2:30 to 5:30 p.m. and 11 p.m. to 1 a.m.
- Wednesday: 4 to 7 p.m. & 11 p.m. to 1 a.m.
- Thursday: 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. & 11 p.m. to 1 a.m.
Download the Cleveland 19 News app.