CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) - About 50,000 people are in Cleveland for the Republican National Convention and in the mix are the city's natives.
(Share your suggestions on Twitter with #ThatsSoCleveland)
- "If you don't like the weather in Cleveland, give it a minute."
- "Pittsburgh sucks."
- "It's about _____ minutes away." (We use time as a measurement for distance.)
- "I am really thirsty, I want some pop." (It is not nor will it ever be soda. Oh, and make sure to get a Polar Pop from Circle K. How does it stay cold so long??)
- "Want to go to: Ohio City, Slavic Village, University Circle, Tremont or Little Italy?" (These are not separate cities ... they're all Cleveland locations.)
- Thanks to Lake Erie, we ALWAYS which know which way is north.
- We only know of two mustards: Stadium and Bertman.
- We don't call it the Hope Memorial Bridge-- it's the Lorain Carnegie Bridge. The Veterans Memorial Bridge is the Detroit Superior Bridge and the Main Avenue Bridge is the Shoreway.
- Despite what it says on our sports arenas, it'll always be The Gund (Quicken Loans Arena), The Jake (Progressive Field), Browns stadium aka the Factory of Sadness (FirstEnergy Stadium).
- We won't laugh at any "jokes" about the burning river or being the mistake on the lake. (Don't even try it.)
- If you hear anyone making a reference to "the market," they always mean the West Side Market.
- If you hear someone call that patch of grass between the sidewalk and the street a "tree lawn," you're in Cleveland. If it's referred to as a "Devil Strip," you're in Akron.
- If you hear us talking about The King -- it's LeBron James, not the King of England.
- We either live on the east side or the west side, and our respective side is always better than the other.
- We'll also most likely be wearing a Cavs 2016 Championship shirt or a Tshirt from Cleveland Clothing Co. or GV Art and Design. (About 50 percent of our wardrobe is Cleveland gear.)
Editor's note: If you see a bunch of pink flamingos and people wearing white socks and sandals don't freak out -- you're in Parma. Just find out from a local where the lake is and head north and you'll be back in The Land.
Download the Cleveland 19 News app.