CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) - With the Republican National Convention just days away, Cleveland has been preparing for such a massive turnout between visitors, journalists, delegates and committees.
The convention will take place July 18 through July 21, 2016.
Here is the RNC by the numbers:
- 5,000 hotel rooms were requested in downtown Cleveland
- 16,000 hotel rooms requested in Northeast Ohio
- 50,000 visitors are expected to visit during the RNC
- $7.4 billion expected in economic impact from direct/indirect sales
- 39 approved permit groups with over 10,800 protestors
- $3 billion in visitor-related infrastructure development
- The Quicken Loans Arena (the Q), is the third largest arena in the NBA with more than $130 million in improvements
Download the Cleveland 19 News app.