(RNN) - Heavy rainfall and tropical force winds were felt as Hurricane Matthew moved north along Florida’s east coast early Friday morning.
Hurricane warnings have been issued for Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina coasts as the forecast for Hurricane Matthew shows it moving closer to the Carolina coast.
Impact of Hurricane Matthew
- Downgraded to a Category 3 storm
- Wind gusts up to 107 mph along FL coast Friday morning
- Evacuations ordered for almost 2 million people
- More than 95,000 Floridians without power by Friday morning
- 15,000 workers in place to restore power
- 12 counties in FL under evacuation orders, 10 mandatory
- Trump & Clinton campaigns cancel stops in FL
- President declares State of Emergency
- Walt Disney World, Seaworld and Universal Orlando closed Thursday and Friday
- 283 people killed in Haiti
Copyright 2016 Raycom News Network. All rights reserved.