DOWNTOWN CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) - The Cleveland Indians are calling for fans to wear red to this Friday's game and the rest of the series.
While announcing the pregame festivities for ALCS Game 1 at Progressive Field, the club is encouraging all fans to #RockRed Tribe gear throughout the ALCS to help maintain the Indians incredible home-field advantage against the Blue Jays. The Indians were 53-28 at Progressive Field this season, second-best in baseball, and won two straight against Boston last weekend.
Indians Hall of Famer Andre "Thunder" Thornton will throw Friday's ceremonial first pitch.
Gates open at 6 p.m., with first pitch set for 8 p.m.
Each fan will receive a red #RallyTogether towel upon entering Progressive Field.
More festivities planned:
- Tom Hamilton will emcee on-field pregame festivities
- Veteran local singer Danielle Danburg will sing the American and Canadian national anthems; Dan Polk will sing “God Bless America” during the seventh inning
- Cleveland Metropolitan School District students and staff will volunteer to man a giant American flag on field for the anthem
- Color guards from the Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force and Coast Guard will present the colors
- Budweiser will bring its ‘Bud and Burgers’ trailer to Gateway Plaza, where fans over the age of 21 can enjoy Budweiser products up until game time; Swenson’s Food Truck also will be on hand
- The “Mike Trivisonno Show” will broadcast live from the main concourse (near The Corner) from 3-7:30 p.m.
- WMJI will broadcast live from Gateway Plaza from 5-8 p.m.
- A band will perform live on Gateway Plaza from 5-7:30 p.m.
- DJ Kyro among activities available in First Energy Heritage Plaza (center field) pregame
Download the Cleveland 19 News app.