DOWNTOWN CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) - This was a great start to the American League Championship Series for the Indians. Here are a few quick takeaways.
Three thumbs up
- The win. Duh!
- Lindor’s 2-run homer. He took Estrada deep on a change up and Estrada has a really good change up. Not easy to hit one out.
- Allen getting a three-out save. First time this post season he’s been asked to simply get three outs.
Three thumbs down (this is really nitpicking, they just shutout a really good offense)
- Miller had to work multiple innings again. He was great, but I’m concerned about his work load so far in postseason.
- Naquin went 0-3 with two strike outs. I know he had the big hit against Boston, but he’s been in a funk.
- Two sacrifice bunts. Neither bunt lead to a run and both diffused any chance of a big inning. I hate giving away outs in a tight game.
Assume Allen and Shaw are both available in Game 2, Miller possibly. Tomlin needs to give them innings. He's a soft tosser prone to giving up home runs against a team that hits a lot of him. The Blue Jays line
up will challenge him.
Download the Cleveland 19 News app.