CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) - With record low approval numbers for presidential candidates Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump, some voters are considering casting their ballot for a third party or write-in candidate.
Ohio Governor John Kasich did just that last week when he wrote-in John McCain instead of the Republican nominee. However, casting a vote for McCain (or Mike Pence, as some anti-Trump Republicans have suggested, or Bernie Sanders, as some anti-Clinton Democrats have suggested) will actually invalidate your vote.
In Ohio, only votes for certified write-in candidates will count. Here is a list of certified write-in candidates and their running mates in Ohio:
- James Jerome Bell & Scheem Milton Hempstead
- Michael Bickelmeyer & Robert Young
- Darrell L. Castle & Scott N. Bradley
- Cherunda Fox & Roger Kushner
- Ben Hartnell & Dave Marshall
- Tom Hoefling & Steve Schulin
- Bruce E. Jaynes & Roger W. Stewart
- Chris Keniston & Deacon Taylor
- Barry Kirschner & Rick Menefield
- Laurence Kotlikoff & Edward Leamer
- Joseph Maldonado & Douglas Terranova
- Michael Andrew Maturen & Juan Antonio Munoz
- Evan McMullin & Nathan Johnson
- Monica Moorehead & Lamont Lilly
- Joe Schriner & Joe Moreaux
- Mike Smith & Daniel White
- Josiah R. Stroh & Paul Callahan
- Douglas W. Thomson & Thomas A. Ducro, Jr.
A write-in candidate's name must be spelled correctly or else the ballot might be invalidated.
Download the Cleveland 19 News app.