Cleveland student taken to hospital after apparently eating a br - Cleveland 19 News Cleveland, OH

Cleveland student taken to hospital after apparently eating a brownie laced with marijuana

Cleveland Central Catholic High School (Source: WOIO) Cleveland Central Catholic High School (Source: WOIO)
Cleveland Central Catholic (Source: WOIO) Cleveland Central Catholic (Source: WOIO)
CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) -

EMS said a student in Cleveland has been taken to a hospital after apparently eating a brownie laced with marijuana.

The incident happened around 11:30 a.m. Thursday at Cleveland Central Catholic High School. EMS said the student was transported to University Hospitals Ahuja Medical Center

Statement from the Administration at Cleveland Central Catholic High School:

At Cleveland Central Catholic the well-being of our students is our highest priority.  As such, we take very seriously the fact that two students recently required medical attention after ingesting brownies laced with marijuana.  This type of conduct will not be tolerated at Cleveland Central Catholic, and once all the facts are known the person or persons responsible will be disciplined in a manner consistent with the seriousness of this conduct.  In the interests of safety, we have instructed students not to accept any food item from another student at any time and have asked parents and guardians to discuss the issue with their children.

Download the Cleveland 19 News app and First Alert Weather app.

Copyright 2017 WOIO. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly