According to police, a pilot and his wife died of an apparent fentanyl overdose in their Centerville home. Their children found them when they were getting ready for school.
Thursday morning, two of their children, ages 13 and 11, called 911 saying their father and mother were cold to the touch in their bedroom.
The Dayton Daily news reported the couple, 36-year-old Brian and 34-year-old Courtney Halye, died of an apparent drug overdose. It's been reported the couple died from a, "heroin-fentanyl related death."
Police said things like this generally don't happen in this quiet community.
Brian Halye was a pilot for Spirit Airlines, which operates out of the Cleveland-Akron Area, but does not operate at CVG.
FOX19 NOW has requested drug screening information from the airline. It's unclear if he had any type of drug history.
Airline Expert Jay Ratliff said drug tests are pretty standard and pilots can be tested at any time.
"Pilots are subjected to random drug tests, alcohol tests from the FAA. They do maybe 15,000 tests and maybe ten that fail those," he said.
Ratliff also said despite hearing this tragic story, you shouldn't feel unsafe the next time you fly.
"I don't want to minimize anything, but when you look at the numbers its not something we would consider out of control at this point," he said.
A statement from the airline reads in part, "Captain Halye served at the airline for just over nine years. Our hearts go out to the family, friends, and colleagues of Captain Halye."