CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) - The I-X Indoor Amusement Park is scheduled to reopen Wednesday at 11 A.M. following this past weekend's violent weekend, but with a new safety plan for visitors to the indoor attraction.
Show Manager at the I-X Center Rob Attewell said, "We're going to make sure families come out and have family fun. We're not going to let this stop us. We're going to do everything we can to make sure everyone is safe."
Several videos appeared of fights over the weekend at the I-X Center's annual amusement park. Law enforcement and security personnel from numerous surrounding agencies responded to the situation. At least five people were arrested during the incident, including three juveniles.
Now, officials from the I-X Center Corporation have announced a new safety plan for visitor's safety. Additional security officers will be used during show hours, including increasing the presence of gang unit personnel. Additionally, a stricter Dress Code and Code of Conduct will be enforced. Other measures include:
- No weapons of any kind will be allowed. Any weapons will be confiscated by law enforcement.
- All gang-related clothing, and costumes or disguises that conceal somebody's identity are prohibited.
- Baseball caps must be worn with the bill facing forward. No skull caps, do-rags, or hoods will be allowed.
- Visitors will not be allowed to use profanity, make obscene gestures or statements.
- Visitors will not be allowed to bring in backpacks. Any carry-in bags or purses can be checked.
- No menacing behavior will be tolerated in the park.
- No food or beverages purchased elsewhere will be permitted in the park.