CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) - The wintry weather that moved through northeast Ohio late Thursday night and into Friday morning has left thousands without power, mostly in Cuyahoga and Lake counties.
The combination of strong, gusty winds with the wintry slush, sleet, and snow precipitation brought down trees and power lines throughout the area. The weather also prompted school closures in the area.
As of 7:00 A.M., these were the county-by-county power outages numbers:
- Cuyahoga County - 4,305 customers affected
- Erie County - 642 customers affected
- Geauga County - 116 customers affected
- Huron County - 898 customers affected
- Lake County - 1,017 customers affected
- Portage County - 15,577 customers affected
- Summit County - 401 customers affected