Body found in container identified as missing Lakewood mother

Roaa S. Al Dhannoon (Source : Lakewood Police)
Roaa S. Al Dhannoon (Source : Lakewood Police)

LAKEWOOD, OH (WOIO) - Authorities have released the identification of the body found May 15 buried in a container behind an apartment building at 9840 Memphis Avenue.

Roaa S. Al Dhannoon's body was identified through fingerprints.

Lakewood Police, with help from the FBI and other law enforcement agencies, have been investigating the disappearance of Al Dhannoon since Oct. 2016. Monday, while searching a wooded area along Big Creek in Brooklyn for evidence, one of the dogs got a hit on a container buried along the creek.

Late last year, Lakewood police and the FBI announced a reward for anyone who finds Al Dhannoon, or for information that helps locate her. According to Lakewood police Chief Tim Malley, Al Dhannoon's ex-husband, Fahad Mohammed Saeed, visited her the morning before she disappeared. He was charged with violation of a protection order on Oct. 28, 2016 after investigators found out he had contact with her and their 3-year-old son.

He was charged with violation of a protection order and is now serving six months in jail. Saeed has not been charged with anything in connection to Al Dhannoon's death.

Al Dhannoon's coworkers say her first love was her 3-year-old son and she also loved to work. She was working hard to make ends meet and start a future here in the U.S. after she moved here from Iraq.

Al Dhannoon used to walk through the doors at Aladdin's in Lakewood ready to work, training each day to become a kitchen manager.

"She was very dedicated to her job, she loved her life, she was very happy-go-lucky, very excited about her future in America," said her boss Danielle Krasnicki.

But it wasn't just her work ethic employees admired.

"She was very generous, very kind-hearted, she was very warm, extremely genuine," Krasnicki said.

Krasnicki knew something was wrong when Al Dhannoon went missing in October.

"That's extremely uncharacteristic of her. She was the type of person that we would call her and ask if she could come in, and she would come in to work," she said.

Now Al Dhannoon's friends and co-workers' worst fears have come true.

"It's heartbreaking, it's heartbreaking. I have 30 some employees that work for me, they would ask regularly, my customers would ask regularly how she was and we would just stay positive and say prayers for her safe return," Krasnicki said.

The Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner's Office says the case an ongoing investigation, and Al Dhannoon's cause of death is still pending.


Copyright 2017 WOIO. All rights reserved.