CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) - The NBA Draft is Thursday, June 22. Even though the Cleveland Cavaliers do not have a draft pick in this year's selection, there are A LOT of rumors about the team this offseason.
But let's focus on the immediate future. Here's some history of the Cavaliers in the NBA Draft:
- LeBron James was drafted No. 1 in the 2003 draft. The rest is history.
- Kyrie Irving was selected by the Cavs with the No. 1 pick in 2011. His current teammate Tristan Thompson was selected three picks later at No. 4 in the same draft.
- The Cavaliers have had six No. 1 picks in their 47-year history, according to Basketball Reference.
- The team picked Andrew Wiggins, Anthony Bennett, Kyrie Irving, LeBron James, Brad Daugherty, and Austin Carr with the six No.1 draft picks.
- Mark Price was originally selected by the Dallas Mavericks in the 1986 and traded to the Cavaliers in a draft-day trade.
- Hall of famer Walt Frazier ended his career with the Cleveland Cavaliers, but originally played for the New York Knicks.