CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) - It's time to celebrate America's 242nd birthday with fireworks, family and friends, patriotic outfits, and a lot of hot dogs (about 150 million hot dogs to be exact).
Here are some interesting facts about America's Independence Day:
- Americans spend approximately $7.15 billion on food for the Fourth of July, compared to $1.6 billion on beer and over $800 million on fireworks, according to Wallet Hub.
- The Declaration of Independence was signed in 1776.
- There are 56 signatures on the Declaration of Independence.
- There have been 27 different officials flags used in United States History.
- All fireworks are completely banned in Delaware and Massachusetts. In Ohio, only novelty fireworks are allowed, such as party poppers and glow worms.
Happy Fourth of July!