CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) - As of Friday morning, the estimated Mega Millions jackpot drawing is at $393 million, and still growing!
There weren't any tickets that matched all six numbers on Tuesday, which means the jackpot rolled over to the next drawing. According to Mega Millions, the jackpot has been building since April 28. There have been 51 Match 5 winners of $1 million or more during the run, including two winners in Ohio.
A winner can claim their earning through either an annuity option or a cash option. Annuity is paid out as one immediate sum, followed by 29 annual payments, each 5 percent bigger than the previous one. Otherwise, a winner can take the one-time, lump-sum payment in cash. This Friday's cash payout option is worth $246 million.
- Being a victim of identity theft by the age of 40: 1 in 6
- Getting bitten by a dog while out for a jog: 1 in 133
- Getting struck by lightning during your lifetime: 1 in 3,000
- Getting a hole in one on your birthday: 1 in 25,000
- Having all of the above happen to one person: 1 in 19,900,000
- Winning Powerball: 1 in 292,201,338
- Winning Mega Millions: 1 in 258,890,850
- Winning both Powerball and Mega Millions: 1 in 75,648,252,765,957,300
Friday's jackpot will be the fifth largest in Mega Millions history. The largest was worth $656 million in 2012 and was split by three winners.
Drawings are held every Tuesday and Friday at 11 p.m.