CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) - As of Wednesday morning, the estimated Powerball jackpot drawing is at $430 million, and is still growing!
No tickets matched all six numbers on the last drawing on Saturday, which means the jackpot rolled over to the next drawing.
A winner can claim their earning through either an annuity option or a cash option. Annuity is paid out in 30 annual payments. Otherwise, a winner can take the one-time, lump-sum payment in cash. This Wednesday's cash payout option is worth just over $273 million cash.
- Being a victim of identity theft by the age of 40: 1 in 6
- Getting bitten by a dog while out for a jog: 1 in 133
- Getting struck by lightning during your lifetime: 1 in 3,000
- Getting a hole in one on your birthday: 1 in 25,000
- Having all of the above happen to one person: 1 in 19,900,000
- Winning Powerball: 1 in 292,201,338
- Winning Mega Millions: 1 in 258,890,850
- Winning both Powerball and Mega Millions: 1 in 75,648,252,765,957,300
The largest Powerball jackpot was worth $1.586 billion, sold in Jan. 2016 and split by three winners. According to Powerball, there has never been a grand prize Powerball jackpot winner in Ohio lottery history. Maybe this drawing could change that trend.
Drawings are held every Wednesday and Saturday at 10:59 p.m.