CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) - Taco Tuesday is usually the day of the week with the best deals on tacos, but Wednesday, Oct. 4 is National Taco Day.
According to NationalTacoDay.com, Americans splurged on over 4.5 billion tacos in 2016. To celebrate the made-up holiday, several taco chains are offering up free or discounted tacos.
- Taco Bell: The fast food chain is four classic tacos wrapped in a limited edition wrapper and specially boxed for $5.
- Tijuana Flats: Get $2 tacos and $2 Mexican draft beer.
- On the Border: Mini tacos are 50 cents each for dine-in customers.
- Chuy's: Crispy beef tacos are $1 with any order. If you dress up like a taco, you earn a free meal.
- Applebee’s Neighborhood Grill: The restaurant chain is not offering any deals on tacos, but a $1 margarita will be served all October.
- California Tortilla: Buy one taco, get one taco free.
- El Pollo Loco: Buy one taco platter, get one free with a coupon posted on the company’s website.
- Hot Head Burritos: Buy two tacos, get one free Wednesday at all locations.
- Taco Bueno: Get a free taco with any purchase.
For more deals, check other locally owned restaurants Facebook pages.