CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) - There's plenty to do in Northeast Ohio during fall.
From the beautiful fall foliage, to apple and pumpkin harvesting, and hay rides, here's a look at family-friendly fun this season.
Some of the best apple orchards, pumpkin patches, and corn mazes in the area include:
- Patterson Fruit Farm - Located in Geauga County, Patterson's has apple picking, a horse-drawn wagon ride, a corn maze, and more.
- Lake Metroparks Farmpark - The Lake County Metropark in Kirtland is a popular park with a large corn maze, hay rides, and more.
- Kiraly's Orchard - Visitors get to pick their own apples in Ashtabula. Other season fruits like peaches and pumpkins are also available.
- Smith's Fruit Farm - Smith's is in Geneva and is open daily through December.
- Heavenly Hill Farm - North Royalton's pick-your-own apple orchard and hayrides.
- Eddy Fruit Farm - Eddy's in Chesterland is a family-owned orchard full of apples and season fruit.
- Hillcrest Orchards - The orchard in Amherst has a corn maze and plenty of juicy apples.
- Bauman Orchards - The Rittman orchard even features dwarf apple trees for the little ones to pick.
- Richardson Farms - The pick-your-own apple orchard and vegetable vendor in Medina has cows, chickens, and other farm animals to visit.
- Monroe's Orchard and Farm Market - The market in Hiram has fresh-picked apples available through Christmas time.
- Arrowhead Orchard - The farm features apples, hay rides, corn mazes, and other activities in Paris.
- Honey Haven Farm Fall Festival - The large, family-friendly farm includes horse-drawn wagons, corn mazes, pumpkin patches, and more.
- Mapleside Farms Pumpkin Village - Get lost in a seven-acre corn maze with a scenic hayride and other outdoor activities.
If you're looking for something a little more thrilling, Cedar Point's HalloWeekends features fun and scares Friday through Sunday. Click here for more about the Great Pumpkin Festival and Haunt at Cedar Point.
Some of the other scariest haunted houses in the area include:
- Darkenwood - The volunteer-run haunted house in Vermillion is set up in an abandoned Vermillion schoolhouse.
- Hauntville - The clown-themed haunted house is in Elyria.
- Haunted Schoolhouse & Laboratory - The elaborate haunted school house features seven floors of scares.
- Light Up the Living Dead - A zombie-filled field where visitors can take aim with paintball guns.
- 7 Floors of Hell - The Middleburg Heights attraction features seven different haunted houses.
- Carnival of Horrors - Cuyahoga Falls' haunted house takes place at Blossom Music Center.
- Escape From Blood Prison - The historic Ohio State Reformatory is transformed into a haunted house experience in Mansfield.
Looking for the best places to see the fall foliage?