CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) - Sunday night's band of severe weather moved swiftly across northern Ohio, knocking out power to tens of thousands of residents.
As of 5:45 a.m., FirstEnergyCorp reported 47,624 customers across Ohio were left without power.
The counties with the most outages include:
- Ashtabula - 1,438 customers affected
- Cuyahoga - 9,840 customers affected
- Geauga - 5,938 customers affected
- Huron - 1,228 customers affected
- Medina - 6,601 customers affected
- Portage - 3,187 customers affected
- Summit - 15,895 customers affected
- Trumbull - 2,536 customers affected
The power outages and weather damage also prompted several school districts to cancel class Monday.
FirstEnergy spokesperson Mark Durbin said it could take days for power crews to restore power to all of the impacted neighborhoods. The biggest concerns are the downed trees that brought down the power wires, and the leaves covered the downed wires.
Children should be extra careful outside near downed trees or lines because they could still be active.
Click here for a full list of power outages from FirstEnergyCorp.