CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) - If some of your biggest fears in life are dropping your phone in a toilet, running out of battery waiting for an Uber or watching a car run over it, you might suffer from "nomophobia."
TechTarget defines nomophobia as:
The word is self can be broken down easily.
- "no-" as in you don't have it
- "-mo-" as in your mobile device
- "-phobia" as in the fear of
There are even websites dedicated to discovering, discussing and diagnosing the signs and symptoms of nomophobia.
Nomophobia.com even has a four question self-diagnosing test to see where you if you are in fact a nomophobe.
Which of these scenarios would make you most anxious?
- walking into a dark, confined space
- a pointy needle coming towards you
- your phone slipping from your hands
- a hairy spider on the bath
After completing the test, I am happy to report I am not a nomophobe.