CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) - The Cleveland Browns fired Executive Vice President of Football Operations Sashi Brown on Thursday.
The Browns were 1-27 under Brown.
Now the organization has to find a new general manager.
Here are three reasons someone would want to take the job:
- Cleveland has five picks in the first two rounds of the 2018 NFL Draft
- There is a very good chance the Browns will have two picks in the first ten selections of the draft
- Mock drafts list five quarterbacks will be selected in the first round
- Overthecap.com is reporting the Browns will have $117 million in cap space next year
- Kirk Cousins, Demarcus Lawrence and Le'Veon Bell are potential free agents this offseason
- The Browns have not made the playoffs since 2002
- Cleveland has passed on franchise quarterbacks
- The next general manager of the Browns to help take the team to the postseason will be a hero to Northeast Ohio
- The GM would have the prestige of turning around one of the worst organizations in sports