Cleveland firefighters say overloaded outlet causes house fire

Cleveland firefighters say overloaded outlet causes house fire
Electrical outlet where fire started on E. 149th. (Source: Cleveland fire)
Electrical outlet where fire started on E. 149th. (Source: Cleveland fire)

CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) - Six people escape from a house fire Monday morning.

Cleveland firefighters responded to the home at 399 E. 149th around 8:30 a.m.

When they arrived, smoke was coming from the attic.

According to Firefighter Mike Norman, the fire was caused by an overloaded electrical outlet.

The five adults, one child and their dog are now being helped by the Red Cross.

Copyright 2017 WOIO. All rights reserved.