Family of 5 taken to hospital for high levels of carbon monoxide - Cleveland 19 News Cleveland, OH

Family of 5 taken to hospital for high levels of carbon monoxide in home

(Source: CDC) (Source: CDC)
PERRYSBURG, OH (WTOL) -

A family of five is expected to be okay after a carbon monoxide scare Wednesday morning. 

According to the Perrysburg Fire Department, firefighters responded to a home on Carrington Blvd. after he said his family was sick and he was passing out.

Firefighters found the family inside the home. The family did leave the home under their own power with assistance provided by the firefighters.

The family was transported to Toledo Hospital after showing signs of elevated CO.

The family pet was secured in family's vehicle until an animal control officer removed it from the area.

Meanwhile firefighters discovered high levels of CO in the home, particularly in the basement area. 

Crews opened the windows and shut off the gas to allow the home to filter out of the home. 

The home is secure and the family contacted a technician to fix the problem.

Follow WTOL:  

Download our app here

Copyright 2018 WTOL. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly