AKRON, OH (WOIO) - Do you think you could fill LeBron James' shoes? No? Well, you can now (virtually) step on the court where LeBron James honed his high school basketball talents.
James, a SVSM graduate in 2003, pledged $1 million to renovate the basketball court in 2012. Renovations were completed in Dec. 2013 and include:
- A regulation 94-by-50 sports performance floor. The old floor was 84-by-48 ½
- New bleachers throughout, adding an additional 200 seats, raising the capacity to 1,831. The south endzone includes a new mezzanine section.
- Six NCAA model, hydraulic baskets supplied by Spalding.
- New lighting that is 8-times brighter than what had been in place.
- Renovated locker rooms for both the boys and girl teams.
- Renovated offices for the boys and girls coaching staff..
- A new athletic training treatment room.
- A new sound system.
- A “dedication wall” in which James’ time at STVM, along with his four close friends who completed the Fab Five – Dru Joyce III, Romeo Travis, Willie McGee and Sian Cotton – is impressively chronicled in pictures.