CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) - Nine additional flu deaths in Cuyahoga County have been reported this week, bringing the total number of deaths for the 2017-18 flu season to 30.
According to the Cuyahoga County Board of Health, the deaths include:
- Cleveland female, 2-years-old
- Euclid female, 57-years-old
- Cleveland female, 58-years-old
- Cleveland female, 66-years-old
- Cleveland male, 76-years-old
- Olmsted Falls male, 82-years-old
- East Cleveland male, 84-years-old
- North Royalton male, 87-years-old
- Westlake female, 91-years-old
There have been 1,597 flu-related hospitalizations for the flu season, currently in week 6, in Cuyahoga County to date.
The health department is recommending that all residents older than six months of age receive a flu shot.