CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) - Cinemark will no longer allow large bags into movie theaters beginning Thursday, Feb. 22.
The theater chain said the ban is part of an effort to enhance safety and security for guests and employees.
All bags larger than 12 inches by 12 inches by 6 inches will no longer be allowed in theaters, according to the company. Medical equipment bags and diaper bags will be an exception.
"I really don't like it. But if it happens I have no choice. I like to be able to do what I want to do with what I want to do, come in and out of my house as I please," Dorothy Deadwyler said.
The national theater company operates several theaters throughout Northeast Ohio:
- Cinemark Carnation Cinema 5, Alliance
- Cinemark 10, Aurora
- Cinemark Tinseltown, Boardman
- Cinemark Cuyahoga Falls and XD, Cuyahoga Falls
- Cinemark at Macedonia, Macedonia
- Cinemark Movies 10, North Canton
- Cinemark Tinseltown USA and XD, North Canton
- Cinemark Stadium, Sandusky
- Cinemark Strongsville at Southpark Mall, Strongsville
- Cinemark at Valley View and VD, Valley View
- Cinemark Movies 10, Wooster
Cinemark reserves the right to inspect all bags and packages entering the theater.
"It is for safety reasons and I get that. My bag is perfectly fine. Some part of it I'm sure has to do with people bringing stuff into there. But yeah, if it's for safety, I'm all for it, cause I want to be safe when I'm watching a movie," Debbie Shultz said.
Click here for a complete list of theaters.
Click here to view the entire policy.