CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) - Cleveland Police confirm a total of eight people were shot at Club X on 3232 Lakeside Avenue at approximately 1:13 a.m. Saturday.
Preliminary information indicates that an event for local rap artists was being held at the club when a physical altercation broke out between attendees, according to police.
During the fight, the suspect(s) reportedly began firing a gun, the fight continued outside, and more shots were fired.
Upon officer arrival, police say two men were found lying behind the bar and a woman was located in the rear of the bar bleeding and unresponsive.
Some officers reportedly administered first aid to the woman while other officers searched the bar for suspects.
The other three victims reportedly arrived at Metro and UH via private autos.
According to police, Theresa Goldwin, 29 of Cleveland, suffered a gun shot wound to the head and was conveyed to Metro where she was pronounced dead.
Police have just released the identities and injuries of the surviving victims:
- 53-year-old Floyd Donnel Morris, gunshot wound to the calf, treated at Metro
- 26-year-old Dearion Smith, gunshot wound to the hand, treated at Metro
- 34-year-old Jonathan James Phillips, gunshot wound to the knee, treated at Metro
- 22-year-old Marquell Devon Jones, gunshot wound to the thigh, treated at UH
- 25-year-old Raynard Hammock, gunshot wound to the buttocks, treated at UH
- 25-year-old Danan Levert Simmons, gunshot wound to the chest, arm and hand, confined at UH
- 19-year-old Alexander Davis, gunshot wound to the foot, treated at UH
Police say two vehicles were towed in connection with this incident, but no arrests have been made.
Detectives continue to investigate this fatal shooting.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is urged to contact investigators at 216-623-5464.