Medina, OH - The first case of West Nile for 2006 has been logged. The Ohio Department of Health indicated the virus was found in two patches of Mosquitoes as well as a Blue Jay.
Protect yourself from West Nile:
- Eliminate standing water/mosquito-breeding sites around your home
- Keep yard nice and groomed.
- Keep the screens of windows down and make sure there are no holes in the material.
- Avoid being outside during evening hours if at all possible
- If you must be outside at night, wear long sleeves, pants and repellent that contains DEET.