- David Carr (HOU) - Carr has been one of the most pleasant surprises this year. I had him 11th at the QB spot before the season started, which many thought was high, but he is definitely living up to the hype. Unless you have a great QB duo, Carr (who leads the NFL in QB rating and has 8 total TDs in 4 games) is looking like a solid start these days.
- Mark Brunell (WAS) - A healthy Clinton Portis has changed the fortunes of Mark Brunell. He posted his 2nd straight solid game, completing 18 of 30 passes for 329 yards and 3 TDs. It also helped that he finally threw the ball deep to Santana Moss...but Brunell showed that he can still be a solid plug in starter as long as Portis is healthy.
- Michael Turner (SD) - This guy is a powerhouse and plowed his way to 46 yards on 7 carries. If anything happens to LT, he will be a top 5 fantasy RB. If he is on waivers, grab him, especially in light of the bizarre LT situation....see the site for details.
- LenDale White (TEN) - With the Titans going with rookie Vince Young at QB, they could make the move to the rookie White at RB. He carried the ball 9 times for 39 yards and added some oomph to the Titans running game. Starter Chris Brown managed just 32 yards on 12 carries and is not the answer. If he is on your waiver wire, you just might get a pleasant surprise.
- Marques Colston (NO) - He is the leading rookie WR in the NFL and is the clear #1 option in the passing game. Her has 3 TDs already this year and has supplanted Joe Horn as the go to receiver in New Orleans. Sure his week 4 totals were padded by a late 86 yard TD, but so what, he made the play. Colston has topped 90 yards or scored a TD in every game this year...not too shabby.
- Reggie Williams (JAC) - Williams produced his 3rd solid game of the year with 5 catches for 93 yards and 2 TDs. He has taken advantage of the groin injury to Matt Jones and is the top WR in Jacksonville at this point. If he is still on your waiver wire, get him.
- Marcedes Lewis (JAC) - In his first extensive game action of the year, the Jags 1st round pick hauled in 2 passes for 40 yards. If you have a solid starter and want a high upside backup at TE, Lewis is a great option. He will become the featured TE soon and will put up big numbers because he is much more talented than George Wrightster, who has excelled in the starting TE role thus far.
- Ryan Longwell (MIN) - Longwell went 2-2 on the day and has multiple FGs in every game this year. He is a great waiver wire addition if you are having issues at the kicker spot.
- KC Defense (KC) - If your defense is underperforming, give the Chiefs a look. They have not allowed a TD in two straight games and are brutal on opposing QBs. With Ty Law and Patrick Surtain locking down opposing WRs and the rest of the team shutting down the run, KC is very tough to score on. They have allowed just 2 TDs in 3 games this year and are taking on the character of their fiery HC Herm Edwards
Get even more fantasy coverage: http://www.thefantasyconsultant.com