- Alex Smith (SF) - Smith was a big time BWB this week and continues to be a very effective and efficient QB for the 49ers. He completed 15 of his 19 pass attempts for 165 yards and 3 TDs. Smith has been a solid fantasy QB in 4 out of his 5 starts this year and is a great fantasy backup/Spot starter.
- Bruce Gradowski (TB) - All in all, it was a very solid debut for Gradowski, who completed 20 passes for 225 yards and 2 TDs with 0 INTs. HC Jon Gruden runs a very pass oriented offense and has been high on Gradowski all year, so I would consider the kid a solid fill in starter if you are in a deep league and all reasonable QB options seem to be exhausted.
- Michael Turner (SD) - Turner is clearly more than just the backup right now and is involved in the Chargers offense on a regular basis. If you have LT, he is a must have and if not, he is still a very valuable, high upside addition to the end of your bench.
- Cedric Benson (CHI) - Benson looked phenomenal in this game and was a factor well before the game was out of reach. He carried the ball 14 times for 48 yards and looked very powerful. He punched in 2 short TDs (the first of his career) and showed some of the talent that made him the #4 overall pick. If Jones ever gets hurt, Benson will be a solid #2 fantasy back.
- Greg Jennings (GB) - There is a new #1 WR in Green Bay and his name is Greg Jennings. GJ made some beautiful catches in this game and flashed his breakaway speed on a sweet 46 yard TD. He finished with 5 catches for 105 yards and the TD and could have had more if Favre hadn't misfired on so many passes. He is the real deal and if he is somehow still on waivers, go get him immediately.
- Reggie Williams (JAC) - Jacksonville did not have to pass much in this one, but when they did, Williams was the top option. He led the team with 4 catches for 53 yards and a TD. He has scored a TD or topped 90 yards in 4 out of the Jags' 5 games and is a very good #2 WR for your fantasy team right now.
- Alex Smith (TB) - Also, as expected the young QB looked to his TE and Alex Smith had a season high 5 catches. They only went for 16 yards, but Smith scored a TD and is a nice waiver option as a backup TE.
- Philly D (PHI) - The Eagles harassed Drew Bledsoe all day long and sacked him 7 times. They forced 5 turnovers and returned an INT for a 102 yard TD to seal the game. This is an explosive unit that would be a great waiver addition if someone cut them after their slow start.
Get even more fantasy coverage: http://www.thefantasyconsultant.com