- Matt Leinart (ARI) - Leinart looks like a multi year veteran out there and had a solid game against the Bears unbelievable D. He threw for 232 yards, 2 TDs and 0 INTs on Monday Night and now has thrown 4 of the 7 TDs allowed by CHI/KC all year. He gets Oakland this week and Green Bay in week 8, so things will get easier. He showed great poise on the final drive of the game as he marched his team into FG range only to see Neil Rackers miss the game winner for the 2nd straight week.
- Philip Rivers (SD) - This kid is the real deal and I would love to see SD vs. CHI right now. Rivers was dominant against the 49ers and completed 29 of his 39 passes for 334 yards and 2 TDs. The Chargers showed no mercy and ran up the score on SF all afternoon long. Rivers is a great backup and could be becoming an every week starter as Schottenheimer begins to let him throw the ball.
- Travis Henry (TEN) - With LenDale White out with the flu and Chris Brown in the doghouse, Henry seized the opportunity and had a phenomenal day against the Skins. He carried the ball 32 times for 178 yards and a TD. It was his 2nd straight 100 yard game and Henry is a big reason that the Titans upset the Skins. He is a must pickup if you have RB issues, because it is clear that Henry has earned the right to be the starter for Tennessee. LenDale White will still be involved, but it looks like Henry's job for now.
- Marion Barber (DAL) - Barber has now scored in 4 straight games, as he crossed the stripe once to go along 57 yards on 10 carries. He has proven to be a consistent player and is a great BWB/Flex option. WRs
- Bryant Johnson (ARI) - Johnson only caught 2 passes on the day, but one of them went for a TD against the Bears. With his schedule getting easier, look for bigger production from Johnson over the next few weeks if Larry Fitzgerald remains out.
- Mark Clayton (BAL) - Clayton was the top option in the passing game for Kyle Boller as the two hooked up twice on scoring strikes (even if they were flukes). Clayton finished the game with 5 catches for 101 yards and 2 TDs. He may emerge as the top WR in Baltimore as the season goes on and is a good fill in starter. Keep an eye on Clayton if Boller remains under center.
1. Randy McMichael (MIA) - McMichael had his second straight solid game with Joey Harrington under center as he led the team with 72 yards on 8 catches. In 2 games with Harrington, McMichael has 13 catches for 156 yards....in 4 games with Culpepper, McMichael had 10 catches for 113 yards. He is an every week play with Harrington under center.
2. Alex Smith (TB) - Smith has a good relationship with Gradkowski and it shows near the GL. Smith caught his 2nd short TD in as many weeks and finished with 3 catches for 10 yards on the day. He is a good fill in starter at TE and is looking like a good option in TD only formats.