(PIT at ATL)
- Michael Vick (ATL) - What a difference a week makes, as Vick got to throw the ball more on 1st and 2nd downs and had a remarkable game against the tough Steelers defense. He was 18 out of 30 for 232 yards with 4 passing TDs and 2 INTs. Vick also ran for 40 yards and once again produced an amazing fantasy game. He finally got into a rhythm with TE Alge Crumpler, as they hooked up for 3 scores and Vick really led his team to victory in a huge game. This game could be the launch point for Vick's emergence as a top fantasy QB.
- Alge Crumpler (ATL) - After dropping TDs 3 weeks in a row, you knew Crumpler was due. Well he finally broke out in a huge way, with 6 catches for 117 yards and the 3 scores. I had been talking about how Crumpler was getting more and more involved each week and it showed today that he is the top option in the Falcons' passing game. Crumpler is a must start every week.
- Hines Ward (PIT) - Ward is back....he caught 8 passes for 171 yards and 3 TDs against the Falcons in an unlikely offensive explosion. It should be noted that 2 of his TDs came from Charlie Batch and he now has 3 scores in 6 quarters with Batch under center.
- Ben Roethlisberger (PIT) - Before leaving the game due to injury, Big Ben looked great with 238 yards and 3 TDs on only 22 pass attempts. It was his 2nd straight solid game and Big Ben is definitely back. He is a solid fantasy backup as long as he is healthy.
- Charlie Batch (PIT) - Batch once again impressed when called upon to replace an injured Ben Roethlisberger. Batch went 8 for 13 for 195 yards and 2 TDs. If you are hurting at QB and Roethlisberger misses some time, Batch is worth a look.
- Santonio Holmes (PIT) - The 1st rounder had his best game yet with 5 catches for 91 yards. If he can win the starting job opposite Hines Ward, give him a look because he will be working primarily against single coverage.
Cause for Concern
- None really other than the DEFs --- What an unbelievable and unexpected offensive show!
(DEN at CLE)