CLEVELAND – 19/43 News contacted many of the Browns players and asked for comment on the arrest of Mike Sellers and Lamar Chapman, but none of the players wanted to say anything on the record.
Browns fans, however, had a lot to say about the arrest of Sellers and Chapman.
- "I'm disappointed," Aric Ellis said. "I mean, they're supposed to set an example for a lot of people in the city and their community in general. Certainly, there should be some consequences to that."
- "It's a bad influence for kids, but other than that, I don't see anything wrong with it," Antoine Emory said.
- "Since they're in the public eye, they've got to kind of keep a low key on what they actually do in public," Bonnie Bridgeforth said.
- "I don't think any type of punishment related to their jobs should pertain to this," William Nedoroscik said. "What they do in their personal time is their personal business."
- "It's pretty sad that they would risk their careers for doing drugs," John Mills said.