Worker Dies of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in Unheated Home - Cleveland 19 News Cleveland, OH

Worker Dies of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in Unheated Home

ASHTABULA, Ohio (AP) - A man working on a house renovation project died of carbon monoxide poisoning from unvented fumes while using a portable heater powered by a gas generator, the coroner's office said Thursday.

Leroy Crutchfield, 54, of Cleveland, whose body was found Wednesday, apparently had spent the night in the house, chief investigator Richard Mongell of the Ashtabula County coroner's office said.

There was no heat or electricity in the house. Outdoor temperatures dropped to 6 degrees on Wednesday.

The body was found about 1 p.m. by another worker.

Powered by Frankly