Most of my life has been spent in Cleveland County . I attended Grover and Kings Mountain High Schools . Following high school, I enlisted in the Army, received an honorable discharge, and returned home to Cleveland County where I married and raised my family. I have spent a great deal of time in various organizations that have proven to enrich the lives of other people.
- President of the Fountain, North Carolina Jaycees
- Captain of the Kings Mountain Rescue Squad
- EMS Council
- Board of Directors for the James Home in Cleveland County
- Member of the Executive Board of the Kings Mountain American Legion
- A Mason and a Shriner
- Served on church financial council
- Served as youth Sunday School teacher
What makes Johnny Hutchins a great commissioner for Cleveland County?
I am a retired blue-collar worker and I can relate to all people who live in our county. I will always be a dedicated commissioner and take the time to listen to all issues and concerns of everyone. I chose to serve on the County Commission Board for the future of my family and yours. I strongly feel that efforts need to be made to eliminate drugs in our county, our unemployment rate and rising property taxes. I feel that everyone should have a voice in the way our county is operated, and you will have that with me. I believe that together we can make a difference.
The two most important issues Commissioner Hutchins is working on for Cleveland County...