ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) - Primary player moves made by new Texas Rangers general manager John Hart since he was hired Nov. 1.
- Nov. 26, signed free agent RHP Todd Van Poppell to a $7.5 million, three-year contract.
- Nov. 27, acquired IF Herbert Perry from the Chicago White Sox for a minor leaguer.
- Dec. 7, declined salary arbitration for free agents RHPs Tim Crabtree and Pat Mahomes and OFs Chad Curtis and Ruben Sierra.
- Dec. 11, signed free agent RHP Jay Powell to a $9 million, three-year contract.
- Dec. 12, acquired OF Carl Everett from the Boston Red Sox for LHP Darren Oliver.
- Dec. 18, acquired LHP John Rocker from the Cleveland Indians for a minor leaguer.
- Dec. 19, signed free agent RHP Dave Burba to a $2 million, one-year contract.
- Dec. 20, declined to offer 2002 contracts to RHP Rick Helling, OF Ricky Ledee, LHP Justin Thompson and INF Scott Sheldon.
- Dec. 22, signed free agent RHP Chan Ho Park to a $65 million, five-year contract.
- Dec. 27, signed free agent RHP Hideki Irabu and free agent LHP Bill Pulsipher to minor league contracts.
- Jan. 8, agreed to terms with free agent OF Juan Gonzalez on a $24 million, two-year contract.
- Jan. 14, acquired LHP Carlos Ramos, 1B Jason Hart, C Gerald Laird and OF Ryan Ludwick from the Oakland Athletics for 1B Carlos Pena and LHP Mike Venafro. Signed free agent RHP Steve Woodard to a minor league contract.
(Copyright 2002 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)