House Explodes After Apparent Gas Leak

Barberton, OH - A house reportedly exploded at 411 Van Street after an apparent gas leak.

The gas leak apparently started from a furnace, investigators are still looking into that as a confirmed cause. The house was unoccupied at the time. The owner passed away two weeks ago.

A family is now homeless after their home, neighboring the one that exploded,  caught fire and was heavily damaged.

19 Action News will have more on this developing story as updatesbecome available.