GET OFF THE BENCH AND GET IN THE GAME WHEN
NCAA HOOP CITY REFRESHED BY COCA-COLA COMES TO CLEVELAND
WITH THE NCAA WOMEN'S FINAL FOUR
Three-Day Interactive Fan Festival Held at the Cleveland Convention Center
Saturday, March 31 - Monday, April 2
CLEVELAND, March 13, 2007 - Love NCAA college hoops? Then Hoop City Refreshed by Coca-Cola is the place to be during the NCAA Women's Final Four. The three-day fan festival celebrating the history and passion of NCAA sports is coming to Cleveland March 31 through April 2, at the Cleveland Convention Center.
Hoop City will be open Saturday, March 31 and Sunday, April 1 from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.; and Monday, April 2 from Noon - 8 p.m. Tickets are $7.00 for ages 12 and up; $5.00 ages 3-11, college students, military and seniors (55 and over) with proper I.D.; and free for children 2 and under. Tickets can be purchased the day of the event at the Cleveland Convention Center or at www.Ticketmaster.com. Group, family and advance tickets are available at reduced prices; please visit www.Hoop-City.com for more information.
Follow the bouncing ball to Hoop City and get ready to hoop it up! Fans of all ages can enjoy competitions, basketball clinics, autograph sessions from current NCAA coaches and great players of the past, and surprise appearances. Cheer for your favorite school in the battle of the bands, participate in NCAA sports and learn about sportsmanship, teamwork, balance and all that is great about college athletics.
Basketball fans can live out their hoop dreams when they sign up for the POWERade 3V3 Basketball Tournament at www.3on3basketball.com/Schedules.aspx?eid=1295. POWERade 3V3 is open to male and female players, ages eight and up, with divisions for all abilities and ages. The tournament features a round robin format with the top teams in each division advancing to the playoffs. The first team to 20 points or the team ahead after 30 minutes wins. Over 40 divisions are available, separated by age, ability, height and gender.
Citizens of Hoop City will have the chance to experience the excitement of NCAA Basketball® and other sports at entertainment areas including:
- The NCAA Hall of Champions® - The best of college sports under one roof, showing how athletes and coaches excel at their respective sports using a variety of interactive displays, theater presentations and personal appearances including Jon Naismith. Fans can also compete for prizes in the Hall of
Champions Hoop City Challenge, a Jeopardy-style live interactive trivia game based on the NCAA, the Men's Final Four and its players.
- The NCAA Zone - Learn about all 23 NCAA championship sports and test your skills through a series of diverse activities. Fans can participate in NCAA sports
Including baseball and softball speed pitches, soccer penalty kicks, a golf simulator and fencing.
- Coca-Cola Zone - Attendees of all ages can practice their free throws in the Pop-a-Shot basketball zone and participate in You Make the Call where they'll get to make play-by-play calls of NCAA sporting events. Fans can also sample a variety of beverages at the Coca-Cola Café.
- AT&T Arena - Basketball enthusiasts of any age can experience the action of the NCAA Final Four by participating in the AT&T Video Play-By-Play as a sportscaster calling the plays on some of the greatest moments in tournament history. They can also take home a photo of themselves with the Naismith Trophy at the scorer's table with a custom backdrop featuring each of the Women's Final Four teams. Fans will also have the opportunity to meet their favorite women's basketball coaches at daily autograph sessions and win cool prizes at the Push to Talk Challenge.
- Pontiac Gamer's Garage - The Official Performance Machines of the NCAA will be on display with specialists available to answer all of your questions. Plus there's a video gaming lounge featuring XBox 360 equipment where visitors can play the latest interactive games and win prizes.
- State Farm Fan Experience - Participants can play the State Farm Shoot around where they'll have one-minute to hit nine shots in various locations on the court. Contestants with the best times will make it to the Dream Shoot Around at Center Court and have the chance to win great prizes. Fans can also watch sports programming in the Tailgate Zone or play March Madness 2007 at the gaming kiosk.
Official NCAA Corporate Champions include Coca-Cola, AT&T and Pontiac. Official NCAA Corporate Partners include DiGiorno, Enterprise, The Hartford, Lowe's and State Farm.
For more information on the 2007 NCAA Women's Final Four events or the Women Rock Series, please visit www.womenrockcleveland.com. Take RTA - the convenient way to all Women's Final Four events.